As a landlord, tenant or home owner you are responsible for ensuring that your gas appliances and fittings are safe and to current standards.
Forward Heating Services can carry out an annual gas safety check for you.
What you can expect from us:
- Communicate with occupant to ascertain any problem with the gas installation and appliances.
- A visual examination of the appliance and system to detect any hazards and existing design faults.
- Check that all gas appliances have adequate ventilation.
- Check the operation of all appliances, control taps, ignition system, flame super vision devices and the integrity of the gas pipes
- Check flame picture of any burners.
- Check clearances from combustible materials, i.e. kitchen cupboards etc
- Check the stability of appliances (including provision of bracket or hook and chain on gas cookers).
- Check installation of gas pipes and flexible connections.
- Ensure the operating pressure or heat input rate is correct.
- Test all controls to ensure satisfactory operation.
- Complete tightness test then check all disturbed gas connections using leak detection fluid.
- Inform occupier and owner of any further work required or recommended.
- Check the appliance flue connection to chimney or flue liner
- Check the condition and full route of the flue and where applicable the stability of any terminal or chimney pot fitted.
For back boilers check all pipe ducts or voids entering the builder’s opening including the annular space around flue liner.
- Carry out a flue flow check.
- For gas fires check and clear catchment space and check that the dampers have been removed or fixed in an open position.
- Test the appliance for spillage using any guidance given in the manufacturers instructions.